Hey Guys, a bunch of Cosplayers we know are entered in a contest, The Geekie Awards Epic Cosplay Contest!!! One of the finals Judges is Yaya Han, so a lot of us are squealing like little fangirls hoping to make it into the top 20. If you have a couple of minutes, please take the time to go and vote for some of these amazing costumes. We could enter up to seven costumes each, and you can vote for as many as you like once a day, so there is the potential for some serious competition!
I have several costumes in this competition including my Midna, Aqua Armor, and Steampunk Supergirl! I am going to apologize in advance for spamming your dashboards with pictures from this contest :P
Hey Everyone, Jo Anns is hosting a craft contest on Facebook and the winner gets a $250 gift card! I entered my Aqua Armor hoping maybe I can win and have the money to make something awesome for Dragoncon this year! :) If you wouldn’t mind voting for my entry (the blue Armor by Sarah) I would really really appreciate it. You can vote once a day, so please help a fellow crafter out! :) Thank you so much!!!
Also, if anyone would be so kind as to reblog this and let some other people know about it, I would be so very thankful!
This costume was an incredible labor of love. I had never worked with wonderflex before, so it was quite the challenge. I would imagine it took more than 100 hours of work, after all was said and done…
The bodysuit was made of black spandex and blue stretch suiting material to support the attachment of all the armor pieces. I patterned the bodysuit myself so that I could get all of the seamlines correct. The silver detailing was done with Lumiere metallic fabric paint.
All of the armor was foamie based and covered in wonderflex. I used a cutting away technique to create the super sharp edges of the armor, like in the shoulder pieces. I really like this technique because it gave me clean, sharp, precise edges, which was important for this particular suit of armor. All of the pieces are attached with either elastic or velcro or some combination of the two. The armor was made with the “New” wonderflex which has a lovely smooth side that didn’t need any tampering with before painting. it was spray painted and clear coated before being worn.
The helmet is the only thing I would like to remake on this costume, as of now it is only for show. The visor was an altered bike visor and the helmet itself was built mostly out of wonderflex. Since this was my first venture into wonderflex, I had a really hard time getting the shape of the helmet right, while keeping the whole thing looking clean and smooth, so I expect to remake it sometime in the future, especially before I compete this costume anywhere.
The wig was an older, really light blue (almost white) wig that I had used previously for Rei. I used four shades of blue permanent marker to get the colors I wanted in the wig, and then I cut and styled the layers and the bangs, fixing it with super hold hair spray.
I don’t have a Keyblade as of yet, but it’s next on my project list. This is the first really detailed, more prop oriented Cosplay that I’ve done, and I am really proud of how it turned out Usually I’m the frilly princess and this time I got to be the Heroine!
Photo be the incredibly talented Dawen Huang Costume made and worn by me
Allrighty guys!!!!!! I’m so freaking excited!!!! Dawen Huang, my favorite photographer EVER, is FINALLY processing pictures from past cons, and he had my Aqua pics done!!!!
I was so damn proud of how this costume turned out, the wig was lovely, the armor was bangin’, the bodysuit turned out SO GOOD! (you can’t see it, but the bodysuit is really accurate and all the seam lines are correct) and a HUGE thanks to my friend Hannah (who coincidentally is the Aurora in the picture) who wore the bodysuit the night before the con so i could paint all the silver detailing on it….
Also, with the exception of her Bodice, Hannah’s Aurora costume was made for Otakon as well, I did all the patterning, and she helped with the serging and sewing, and I did the gathering. it was kind of a team effort, but I’m putting it in my portfolio anyways cause it turned out REALLY nice (especially the collar…. I LOVE how nicely the collar came out) I have all the same fabric to make myself an Aurora costume for NYCC and I have a lovely new wig to wear with it too :)
ANYWAYS!!! Here’s the Teaser pic….. I have some EPIC shots of Aqua that I will be spamming my DA with, but I wanted to post a couple of the other pics first :)